【#第一文档网# 导语】以下是®第一文档网的小编为您整理的《新概念英语第二册(英音新版) 第92课-真是自找麻烦》,欢迎阅读!

新概念英语第二册(英音新版) 第92课:真是
自找麻烦
First listen and then answer the question. 听录音,然后答复以下问题。
Why did the policeman ask the writer to come to the police station? 警察问为什么来警察局?
It must have been about two in the morning when I returned home. 我回到家时,确定已是凌晨两点左右了。
I tried to wake up my wife by ringing the doorbell, but she was fast asleep,
我按响了门铃,试图唤醒我的妻子,但她睡得很熟。
so I got a ladder from the shed in the garden, put it against the wall, and began climbing towards the bedroom window.
于是,我从花园的小棚里搬来了一个梯子,把它靠在墙边,开头向卧房的窗口爬去。
I was almost there when a sarcastic voice below said, ”I don”t think the windows need cleaning at this time of the night.” 快要爬到窗口时,下面一个人用挖苦的口吻说:“我看不必在夜里这个时候擦窗子吧。
I looked down and nearly fell off the ladder when I saw a policeman. 我向下面看去。当我看清是一个警察时,
I immediately regretted answering in the way I did, but I said, ”I enjoy cleaning windows at night.”
差一点儿从梯子上掉下去。我答复了他的话,但立刻又懊悔不该那样说,我是这样说的:“我喜爱在夜里擦窗子。”
”So do I,” answered the policeman in the same tone. “我也是的,”警察用同样的声调答复,
”Excuse my interrupting you. I hate to interrupt a man when he”s busy working, but would you mind coming with me to the station?” “请原谅我打断了您。当一个人在忙着干活时,我是不情愿去打断他的,但请您跟我到警察局去一趟好吗?”
”Well, I”d prefer to stay here,” I said. ”You see. I”ve forgotten my key.”
“好,我更情愿待在这里,”我说。“你看。我遗忘带钥匙了” ”Your what?” he called. “什么?”他大声问。 ”My key,” I shouted. “钥匙!”我喊道。
Fortunately, the shouting woke up my wife who opened the window just
as the policeman had started to climb towards me.
幸运得很,这喊声惊醒了我的妻子。就在警察开头向我爬上来时,她翻开了窗子。
本文来源:https://www.dy1993.cn/aul.html